Monday, July 13, 2009

A couple new skills

Last Friday at gymnastics I got three new skills! Two of them I have been working on for a while but one of them a coach just told me to try that night so I did and I did it and it wasn't bad. It was actually good! One of them that I have been working on for a while is a front tuck on the floor! I had to run really hard and jump up hard and high. I was scared at first but after I did it I realized that it was really fun. The next one that took me a while was a squat on, jump to the high bar, long hang pullover. If you don't know what a long hang pullover is this is what you do. First swing on the high bar and get your hips up high. Then on the third swing bring your hips around the bar and pull your upper body up. It sounds pretty simple but it isn't. The thing that I did that night when a coach told me to try it was a front pike off of a spring board, into a cheese pit. A front pike is like a front tuck except you grab your ankles instead of your legs. Also, a cheese pit is not actually cheese. It is foam squares in a pit that goes 6 feet down.

Danielle

2 comments:

  1. You are doing a fabulous job at gymnastics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading of all your new gymnastic skills. I'm proud of you for trying them all even if it was scary at first. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete